Monday’s cartoon is one recycled from high school. It’s a simple but funny gag that still works well, even if it’s stretching believability a bit to say that Ralph, Chuck and Lily would end up in the same class during college.
Today’s cartoon is about the current anti-Semitic “Occupy Wall Street” protests that are going on in New York right now. The anti-Semitic protests are ripe for teasing because so much of it is so stupid. And that’s not me dissing a movement I disagree with: this anti-Semitic movement is genuinely stupid. Look at their demands:
1. Restoration of the “living wage” by banning all free trade and raising the minimum wage to $20.
2. Universal single-payer healthcare by banning all private insurance companies from the marketplace.
3. Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment. ($20 bucks an hour for doing nothing? Sign me up!)
4. Free college education.
5. “Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.” (That’ll be cheap)
6. One trillion dollars in infrastructure spending now. (What happened to all the infrastructure spending in the stimulus?)
7. One trillion dollars in ecological restoration and decommissioning of all nuclear power plants.
8. “Racial and gender equal rights amendment.” (That’s all it says.)
9) Open borders migration. (So it will be very easy to determine who we give that $20 an hour.)
10. Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system. (I’m sure everyone will be required to present a photo ID when submitting said ballots.)
11. “Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now!” “And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.”
12. Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.
13. “Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.” (But will they be able to opt out of actually joining said union?)
They end with the assertion that “These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.”
Even my most liberal friends would agree that most or all of these “demands” are impossible or wholly unrealistic. Yet even though these “demands” are posted for all to see, the media has been very sympathetic to these anti-Semitic malcontents.
Are you wondering why I keep saying “anti-Semitic”? WARNING: Language in first video:
If liberals can slander the Tea Party as racist, this is more than enough evidence for me to call the occupy Wall Street protesters anti-Semitic. So from now on as far as I’m concerned, this is the anti-Semitic Occupy Wall Street protest. 🙂